Christmas time is here. . . Happiness and cheer. . . Fun for all that children call. . . Their favorite time of the year.
-Written by Lee Mendelson, for A Charlie Brown Christmas movie
• • •
Something about Christmas that makes the season feel so magical. Maybe its because we're all kids at heart, loving the goodness all around and then there's Santa, who comes by on Christmas Eve. Not going to lie, I LOVE Christmas and love watching my daughter enjoy such a beautiful and magical season. Parenting is the best during these moments, when lots of memories are made and captured on camera.
In the spirit of Christmas and how we gather (or try to) with family and friends during this time, I thought it would be fun sharing local festivities that are happening all around town this month. Know, Christmas is what you make it. I've been single with no kid, to single with a kid, and then married (created a family). During all seasons of my life, I made sure to enjoy it all the way through. I hope you do the same :)
• • •
- Mission Bay Christmas Boat Parade of Lights // when: Dec 10, 6-9PM | where: 1215 El Carmel Place, San Diego | cost: FREE
- Bernardo Winery Holiday Nights // when: Dec. 12th-18th, 10AM-9PM | where: 13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte, San Diego CA 92128 where: cost: FREE to watch & see (there is cost for cocoa/coffee & kid activities)
- Port Of San Diego Holiday Bowl Parade // when: Dec 27, 10AM | where: for parade route click HERE | cost: FREE
- Balboa Park December Nights // when: Dec 2nd, 3-11PM & Dec 3rd, noon-11PM | where: 1549 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego | cost: FREE (there is for coffee/cocoa and food)
- Skating By The Sea by Hotel Del // when: Dec 1-18, Mon-Fri 4-10PM . Sat 10AM-10PM . Sun 11AM-8PM & Dec 19 - Jan 2, Mon-Fri 10AM-10PM . Sat 10AM-9PM . Sun 11AM-8PM | Where: 1500 Orange Ave, Coronado | cost: $25
- Old Town - Las Posadas // when: Dec 11, 5-6PM | where: 2415 San Diego Ave, San Diego | cost: FREE
- Spreckels Organ Society @ Balboa Park // when: every Sunday, 2PM | where: 1549 El Prado, Balboa Park, San Diego | cost: FREE
San Diego Bay Parade of Lights // when: Dec 11th & 18th, 5PM | where: the parade will makes it way to the pier at Cesar Chavez Park before making the turn to Coronado...lots of views to see it from. | cost: FREE
Movies By The Bay by Hilton San Diego Bayfront // when: Dec 10, 17 & 24th, 7PM | where: 1 Park Blvd, San Diego | movies: ELF, The Santa Clause, The Polar Express
Skate By The Bay by Hilton San Bayfront // when: Dec 10 - Jan 2, Mon-Sat 10AM-9PM & Sun 10AM-7PM | where: 1 Park Blvd, San Diego | cost: Mon-Thur $16, Fri-Sun $20 | Military Mondays: Dec 12, 19, 26 & Jan 2, $10 with Military ID
Home Depot - Gingerbread Man Candy Dish // when: Dec 3, 9AM-12PM | where: various locations (click link to find nearest location to you & to REGISTER) | cost: FREE!
Eastlake - Holiday Fun // when: Dec 3rd, noon-3PM | where: 878 Eastlake Parkway, Chula Vista | cost: FREE
Eastlake - Nightly Snowfall // when: Dec 3-24, 6PM & 7PM | where: 878 Eastlake Parkway, Chula Vista | cost: FREE
Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade // when: Dec 11, 3PM (expo is 1-5PM and parade at 3PM) | where: 401 K Street, San Diego | cost: FREE (including expo)
• • •
If you attend any of these festivities, we would LOVE to hear about it!